D'oh...

The Wicked House of Rohan (The House of Rohan, #0.5) - Anne Stuart

I didn't realize I'd listed this ebook on my bookshelf in the first place so hadn't bothered to check it off when I read it (about 20 minutes before starting the first book of the series).  So I still had a book needlessly cluttering up my TBR mountain.  Especially needlessly since I don't as a rule list ebooks there in the first place.

:ahem

So our h, destitute, stranded in Venise (I think that's where it was), seeks employment as a…nurse?  Duenna?  Whatever she thought the man wanted her for.  Only, he didn't; he wanted her to participate in a public deflowering.  Mmmm boy.  The problem was, she recognized one of the men as a friend of her late brother's (whom she had a childhood crush on, naturally)  She told them sure - as long as it wasn't him.

Perhaps she shouldn't have said anything…

He slipped into the room she was resting in preparation and ermmm… recognized her somewhere around the time tab A got inserted.  1 proposal and an escape out a window later…HEA.  Now…  I never exactly got the relationship between H and the rest of the Rohans.  And the author may have given a hint in the last book, but…:shrug:::  The only connection I could see was the last name and what I suspect is the author's version of the infamous Hellfire club.

Obviously the page count doesn't allow much for character or relationship development so the H/h having a prior connection is used.