Heart Fate (Celta's HeartMates, Book 7) - Robin D. Owens There was the altogether brief levity of the search for a new voice for the House. The h was underage by our standards - 17. She was also a victim of spousal abuse. This is something I've seen in just about every book dealing with rape/abuse - once the h experiences the big O at the hands of the H, she's all gung ho. Granted, she might still be frightened of her attacker, but issues w/our H? Nah...

No, as per usual in this series, the issue has to do with the fact that he's her Heart Mate.

I love this; the H is not allowed to tell her because that would be construed as abuse (say whaaa?) but it's perfectly acceptable to perform a con job. As per usual, the female feels used when she figures out (the only reason he was around her was because he was her heart mate). Well, I take that back, a previous H knew and refused to seek the h out because he was convinced he was gonna die. SHE felt like she wasn't good enough when she found out.