Catch of a Lifetime - Judi Fennell Hmmm... So we have a Mer female (mermaid, OK?) and a human man for a switch. And the sea monster - again. And Rod is still a stick, and, and, and....

So here's the burning question - if the High Counselor is granted immortality, as is his heir, and any daughters upon marriage.... Where are our heroine's grandparents? Aunts? Well?

So what did I actually think of the book? Meh. Oh, it had its moments. It also had its moments of eye rolling, etc. Won't get into the h's mental proselytizing about the hazards of plastic and other assorted things other than to say it's a bit hypocritical for an author to be preaching environmentalism in a dead tree book. And I find it ironic that in this book, the theme seems to be that children are more accepting of Mers than adults, yet in the first book, the h was "traumatized" because she saw a couple of Mer children while swimming. This may be the only trilogy in existence where the middle was the best of the series, although that's mostly because it was the most balanced.