Spirit Bound - Christine Feehan Hmmm.... Ok, the story was decent, although I really don't care for overbearing, manhandling males - or heroines who throw caution to the winds, then freak out when things happen too fast/full disclosure isn't what they wanted to hear (you want to convince me you learned a hard lesson re: lack of caution, don't fall in bed within 24 hours of meeting - and don't get defensive if you're still finding things out a week later). Would that the author would hurry up with the next tale in this series - it's been over a year and not even a hint.

V. distracting: The h is an artist and a) she puts her studio in the basement? She tells the H that you "need a lot of light" to paint, but it's in the basement. Yeah. Ok, so there's a wall of windows and french doors, but then the garden is planted so thickly that you can't see the windows from the outside. Uh... Does the author realize that sort of design pretty much guarantees the only lighting that hits is at high noon and maybe an hour before or after, depending on which side of the house it's on? And then there's the noting that the studio was equipped with ventilation fans, etc. to combat the fumes from chemicals. What was she painting with - auto paint?! Apparently not - oils and acrylics. Wow - that turpentine I bought at the drug store is that dangerous? And we can't forget the evile that is dihydrogen monoxide So I guess artists can't paint during winter months due to the piss-poor ventilation required to keep a house warm. Gotcha. I'd imagine most artists would go stir-crazy if forced to NOT paint due to weather.

Other things... while it may not be the most advisable thing to remove a painting from the stretchers, it won't kill it. And while the fact that Dick Blick carries canvas rolls indicates *some* artists do indeed stretch their own, prestretched canvases have been readily available for some time. So the saying that *most* artists stretch their own is a stretch - no pun intended.