Good Girls Don't - Victoria Dahl More like a 2.5.

They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. The h is in a handbasket and wondering where she's going at a high rate of speed.

I did not relate to the h AT ALL. Oh, I get that she was trying to keep her brothers from fighting, and trying to keep one (or both) from leaving. Still, she's a manipulative cow, no way around it.

The H...of all the bum luck. First his wife dumped him while SHE was sick (he let people think the opposite - out of cowardice I suppose), then his partner is knocked up and everyone assumes HE did it. This is written relatively recently. So what difference does it make who the daddy is? There ARE sperm banks after all. Then he falls for the cow, and while she's more honest with him (because his presence or absence doesn't matter I suppose), he gets to witness her working her brothers. Funny enough, she gets bent because he doesn't talk to her about the case (a breakin at her family's business) privately but instead waits and shares it with everyone. Why? Well, possibly because he ripped the support from her house of cards I guess. But also because she perceives him as being dishonest about his relationship with his partner. Yeaaahhhh... he apparently kissed his partner a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Ok, as an aside, I looked it up on wiki and Boulder is a good deal larger than my home town. Yet, everyone knows everyone there? Right. Hon, if you know everything there is to know about everyone in a city with a population of close to 100k, you have WAY too much time on your hands. (see partner knocked up) So this whole "small town" vibe the author attempted to give the book does not ring true at all.