Sentinels: Kodiak Chained - Doranna Durgin More of a 3.5

I felt for the bear. His issues with not being able to use his gift because they left him vulnerable were baffling to him. As for the h, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. She could have handled that a lot better. He needed someone to watch his back, but he'd always gone it alone so didn't really see his need. Still, perhaps if she'd met him first at the meeting instead of at the festival, he wouldn't have been so resentful. She wanted to be a part of a team, but she went about it the wrong way.

I find it...strange...that noobs to field work in this world our author has created keep being sent out without a leash so to speak. A previous one's lack of experience led her to arrogantly shoot the H full of tranquilizer, leading to at least one human's death. This one arrogantly barreled her way into being the H's bodyguard (a grizzly needing a bodyguard?!), then, before he'd been informed, hunted him down and seduced him, leading to his resentment. She also blundered into a trap and nearly got herself killed.

Yeah yeah; they had a HEA eventually but I attribute that to being mates - I can't really see a human male ever forgiving a human female for emasculating him like that.

Tha's ok though; when he finally did figure out how to heal again, he managed to zap the preventatives so the next time they got busy, she got knocked up. Be kinda hard to be an effective bodyguard when you're waddling.