Mine to Take - Dara Joy 3.5 stars. Ok, the explanation behind the cover is this: our h's mother's consort has died, his brother wants the crown. However, apparently the people like the h better so he's decided he must remove the competition. Since she must be a maiden in order to take the crown (that she does not want), he figures by siccing a Familiar on her, he can have her discredited *and* keep her as his ho. There's only a few issues with this. 1) the H isn't just *any* familiar; he's the KING of familiars so the drug is wearing off rapidly and 2)the genius monologues. The h, being somewhat intelligent, takes the initiative and goes to the chained H.

Alrighty then. At this point I must say, ordinarily when a H consciously makes the h his wife (am somewhat ambivalent with mates) without her knowledge, I get really angry. However, when the h commits the boneheaded maneuver of bargaining with said H and leaving herself open, I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for her. So our h's getting all ticked off when she found out everything meets with a distinct lack of sympathy. He did try to talk her out of it (the deflowering anyway, though somehow I doubt he would have done one without the other), she insisted, therefore...she has no grounds for complaint. As for her upset at discovering he was king...ok, perhaps he should have told her, but with her constantly voicing plans to separate...

Series complaint. Ok, she introduced Traed in the last book, introduced a young familiar in this book, there are two ebooks? or something...about some random other Familiars. Leaving characters twisting in the wind is not a good way to make people buy your books.