February and March in Atlantis - Alyssa Day

I am glad that I waited until March was finally released before acquiring February, even if my reason was that I wanted a physical copy. The two read like parts 1 and 2 of a book rather than 2 novellas.

With that in mind... Jake, H in the first, was a drifter of sorts until Poseidon decided he'd drifted enough. A sea fae may have been involved. He's now a part of Denal's group, whether he wants to be or not. The h... I had issue with. There comes a point when wanderlust starts to look less like a life of adventure than an avoidance of responsibility. Her defensiveness towards her parents - who wanted her to stop wandering (considering where she wandered, I can certainly understand that. No parent really relishes the thought of their daughter ending up in a sex trafficking ring or well, dead). The two seem like the perfect match. Just hope they don't reproduce...

Lucas - H in the second - is the son of the traitor in the first handful of the Atlantis books. He's had to live with the results of this - even his own mother apparently views him with suspicion. The h...once upon a time, she fancied herself in love with a wolf shifter alpha who was an abusive douchebag. She finally ran - after figuring out she was preggers. Much of this one takes place in a car as the two of them go on a cross-country trip to get her kid back.

While the first half read as one story, the second half didn't. It split between the two couples, particularly near the beginning. Read as *a* book, it mostly works. There's some repetition there right at the beginning of March, that if eliminated, would have made things flow better. I do understand though that with the two halves being published independently, it needed to be there.