Wicked Abyss - Kresley Cole

I was sort of hesitant about this one as a lot of people have complained about the last several. It...wasn't bad. I guess it's a matter of perspective - I'm coming off 2 years of binge reading harlequins so most anything is an improvement. :) That said...

A common theme in this series is the whole opposites attract - two people who are natural-born enemies or have a past or...SOMEthing that makes them fight the mate bond. Sometimes, it works, sometimes, one (usually the H) crosses the line and I have a hard time believing the quick resolutions of all their problems. The H came close - real close. I get that when they're coming from such extremes that there's going to be strife. I just wish they'd find resolution earlier than the last chapter or two. I mean really - this book is over 400 pages long. Why did it take him 'til the last 50 pages to get over himself?

I don't bother really rating any of this series on how they fit in the overall series - the author has stated she does a reread before starting a new one and I have yet to run into the inconsistencies that often plague longer series.