Hard Breaker: A Beauty and Beast Novel (Gargoyles Series) - Christine Warren

Well, unlike the previous ones, the h's reactions weren't over the top, obnoxious, etc. I did think she fell over with her legs in the air way too quickly though.

I kinda feel cheated that we didn't get Rose and Ghrem's story as Rose seems to be a rational sort. OTOH, it seems they were the first, and they've spent at least some time apart.

So the h is inadvertently helping a warden traitor through the underground and it would appear, he is attempting to either lead the nocturnis to her or to find her contact. Not sure, but I'd guess they were after her. I also wonder if he didn't slip a tracker on her at some point and nobody even thought to look. Whatever - demons picked a bad spot to attack her as a Guardian just happened to be perched on the front of an abandoned church.

I have to ponder a bit. Where exactly did her uncle and cousin hide the Guardian they were in charge of. Indications were they lived in Scotland maybe, and yet... no Guardian was found there. So were they in charge of the one destroyed that triggered Ash's summoning?

Our Guardian is...our typical guardian - too much testosterone at times. although, he did seem to be a deeper thinker than the previous ones.

In some ways, I can't help but think the author saw a chance to return to her Others world and just thew something together to finish this one up. And maybe that's a good thing as the heroine didn't seem to be so attitude ridden.