The Cowboy - Jayne Ann Krentz

This is the sort of theme I have a hard time getting behind.

The H - corporate shark - spotted, pursued and appeared to snag the attentions of the h - employee of another corporate shark and competition. Besides marginalizing the h, he didn't tell her he was the competition until after she'd talked about work, etc...for 2 months. She did what any person with integrity would do - went to her employer and told him everything. Cost the H the deal. He went off on her and left.

Apparently he expected her to come crawling to him on hands and knees.

So now, he and her father have manipulated her into coming to his ranch where he intends to win her back, although he gives the impression that it's less a winning her over than a railroading.

In the meantime, his PA, unhappy that he's seemingly lost his edge over the h, is selling him out..and trying to frame the h.

Yeah I don't know. The feeling of being used would be a hard one to ever get past, no matter how much he assured me otherwise. Perhaps if there wasn't the lie by omission (failure to disclose that he's in competition with her boss), or his blowing up on her for her doing the right thing...