Indecent Suggestion (Harlequin Blaze, #189) - Elizabeth Bevarly

Smokin'

First one of these friends-to-lovers books that I haven't spent half of it muttering invectives at one of the MCs.

H loves the h. He knows it, he's known it for some time. But she's shown reluctance to move past friendship and he doesn't want to lose her completely.

h is having difficulties of late - she keeps remembering a party a few years back where they'd come close to ah...doing it. She doesn't want to mess the friendship up though, because for several weeks after the incident (which she'd come to her senses and stopped before tab A got anywhere near slot B), he'd been cranky and had avoided her. She's a bit slow on the uptake. She's attracted, but in her mind, feels like she came on to him and that anything more will screw things up.

They have a little smoking issue. He loses a bet so they attend a hypnotherapist who gets them mixed up with a newlywed couple who're having...difficulties. The unsafe word is "underwear" - a bad thing since they're working on an advertising project for a company that makes sexy...underwear. This causes some hilarity initially as the poor h is affected by this (the H apparently wasn't open for that particular suggestion) and well, she seems to have little inhibition when the word is uttered. Eventually though, he is clued in - by the hypnotherapist who asks him how everything is going, which is when they figure out the mixup.

Much soul searching and a visit to said hypnotherapist later, she's figured things out for herself and corners in his lair where he's hiding, feeling sorry for himself. A bit of hanky-panky and a ring later, HEA.

Highlights - likable couple. Did I mention smokin'? I meant the steamy version; not the one they originally sought the hypnotherapist for.

Low-lights - was he really willing to play third wheel if it meant being able to be around her? The narrative was like, you know, being in someone's, I dunno, head. (yes; there were places it was written like that). Ok, thinking about that, we are theoretically supposed to be in someone's head but it shouldn't be so choppy there. Speech I can see.