Bride Of The Bad Boy  (Blame It On Bob) (Harlequin Desire) - Bevarly

cute in a stupid sort of way. Stupid as in, do people really act like that?

Ok then. The H is in this quiet town to "negotiate" a deal with a local pharma

ceutical company for the mob. He's driving a convertible of European engineering, and renting a house. I'm not sure how this is supposed to keep anyone from being suspicious of him but apparently the h and maybe one of her fellow journalists are the only ones who find this odd. His attempts to talk tough come across as cheesy. And the h's accusations hurt his feelings (?!)

The h is a bored journalist who is suspicious - the guy has been in town a week, supposedly represents a chemical company, and has yet to contact the pharmaceutical company. She knows this because her dad owns said company. Her fellow bored journalist has dug things up that connect him to the mob. She breaks into the house he's renting for some inexplicable reason. He catches her. She tries to warn her dad who irritates me by coming across as decidedly dismissive. She writes a couple of articles all but accusing him. He coerces her into marriage. (I'd love to know what her dad thought when all these slimy looking mob guys showed up at the wedding. Hah!)

He finally comes clean - after the wedding night of course - telling her that he's actually DEA and undercover. She's miffed - somewhat understandably I guess, but at this point..

I found her behavior when confronted odd, particularly for a college grad and journalist. I had a great deal of difficulty taking her seriously. And I really ponder why she stayed there when her dad treated her like she was 12.

The H was just one of those guys who I wonder how he was capable of holding his job. We never see him as a cop - that was offpage (gee thanks). We just see him as this dingbat who manages not to blow his cover just by existing mostly because everyone else is oblivious.

According to my booklist, I have the other two. Yay?