Society Bride - Elizabeth Bevarly

One of the better ones. I kept thinking I'd read a book about a Fortune. Took a bit of digging but I found it. No idea about connection beyond the Hs in the two are related...somehow. Anyway...

So a corporate shark approaches the h's dad, telling him he's next unless his daughter marries him. Dad lays a guilt trip on her, she runs into the H at a wedding, while mulling over the situation. She later accepts the offer. A week before the wedding, her feet are not just cold; they're downright frostbit. She runs into the H's aunt, who sends her off to what amounts to a dude ranch the H owns.

The H is cynical, and makes a lot of assumptions about her and her situation, in between kissing them both senseless. She finally decides she wants to give her V card to someone she's actually attracted to rather than the shark (who doesn't really deserve it. Really, his plan is to fly home for the wedding, and fly back out afterwards - on business). And well...

Normally I really don't like the whole "engaged to a great guy but this one's better" thing but since this was more of a corporate marriage, and the h was about to bolt anyway, I'll let it slide. The H... ah...maybe if he'd spent at least some time investigating her, for want of a better word, maybe he wouldn't have been so...judgmental. That did bother me. Of course, he got hoisted from his own petard sometime around the insertion of tab A into slot B, and she let him twist in the wind since he seemed more interested in giving her a better memory than convincing her to oh, I dunno, marry him instead. So there was that. It was an enjoyable read though.